Thursday, July 13, 2006

Culinary delights


The Japanese coworkers I spent time with seemed to take particular delight in getting us American's to try foods that they knew would be unusual or unappealing to us. Most of these foods consisted of unusual body parts and organ meats from variety of creatues. If you got really luck they were even cooked. My colleague Dee tried it all. I had to decline the fish eye becuase it was just too big and the raw chicken livers, probably because I saw that 60 Minutes documentary years ago on chicken processing. But, I'm proud to say I tried most of it: Tongue, liver, stomach, intestines, etc. I found it was better to ask what it was after you tried it ;-)

[Above is a picture of us at a Korean BBQ]

1 Comments:

Blogger Olivia Twist said...

I would have had to pass on the eye's also, and a lot other foods there. I bet they were very accomidating though, and didnt take offense if you didnt eat it?

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home